Week 1 Activities
Week 1 – July 6-12
“Do not remember the former things..”
Story: Israel as a United Kingdom Ah, but let us today remember the former things. Let us remember how God’s people came into the promised land when God delivered them from slavery. How they divided the land between the 12 tribes. When trouble arrived, God would rise up a judge – Deborah, Gideon, Samson – who would unite the tribes and fend off the threat. But that wasn’t enough; the people wanted a king, so they could be like the other nations. So God appointed first Saul, then David, then Solomon to be kings of the United Kingdom. David moved the capitol to Jerusalem and the people were united into one kingdom. +
Find the oldest thing in your house.
Reflection: What do you miss about the way things used to be, before Covid-19? How does that feel? Color your prayer.
- Clean out a closet or drawer and give away or throw away something you don’t need any more.
- Old magazine pictures (Get creative and use these magazine pictures to create your own collage art) * (**)
- Find a Bible story about Saul, David, or Solomon
- Copy of Praying in Color *
- Crayons or markers *
- Drawing paper *
- Old Magazines *
- Glue *
- Scissors *
+The story will be posted on First Presbyterian Church web page.
* These supplies are available for pick up at the church (please call ahead if you need to pick up some supplies).
**An example of this project is posted on our Facebook page.
Don’t forget to post pictures of your projects on our Facebook page!
Lord, Listen to Your Children Praying
Lord, listen to your children praying,
Lord, send your Spirit in this place.
Lord, listen to your children praying.
Send us love;
Send us power;
Send us grace.
MUSIC drawn from Glory to God : the Presbyterian Hymnal, 2013. Published by Westminster John Knox Press, Louisville, Kentucky.
TEXT and MUSIC: Ken Medema, 1970
TEXT and MUSIC © 1973 Hope Publishing Company